- (615) 727 1524
*One submission per group per academic year.*
Students will create a video game using the Unity or the UnReal platforms. Students will be expected to use the Engineering Cyle in which they will Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, and Improve.
- Break students into teams of 4-5. Students brainstorm objective of video game and research platform options.
- Students decide which platform, Unity or Unreal, is more applicable to their design.
- Students design characters and objectives of each stage level and develop detailed gaming instruction manual.
- Students will practice coding by designing game on one of the student-friendly platforms.
- Students develop a marketing plan for their video game, including logos, posters, and game covers.
Outcomes of Program
Students utilize creativity and problem solving to design a product from start to finish. Using the engineering design process, students create and improve a video game. Students develop computer science skills along the way, including debugging, prototyping, C++, and Java.
Logins to Unity and Unreal video game design platforms.
Supplies for marketing plan (posters, art supplies, etc.)
Once per week, 2-3 months
Unity Platform – Free for schools to use
Unreal Platform – Education license is needed
Teams of 4-5 students in a classroom or an afterschool club
One per team or group per academic year.