- (615) 727 1524
*One submission per team per academic year.*
Owning/Managing Organization: DiscoverE
Future City starts with a question—how can we make the world a better place? To answer it, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students imagine, research, design, and build cities of the future that showcase their solution to a citywide sustainability issue. Past topics include stormwater management, urban agriculture, and green energy.
Outcomes of Program:
- Apply math and science concepts to real-world issues
- Develop writing, public speaking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Research and propose solutions to engineering challenges
- Discover different types of engineering and explore careers options
- Learn how their communities work and become better citizens
- Develop strong time management and project management skills
Classroom educators, after school program leaders, or homeschool groups can participate in Future City. Visit www.futurecity.org/register to find the region closest to you and sign up.
The program runs from August or September to January, with regional competitions held in January and Finals in February. Educators may spend approximately 35-45 hours while students may spend 50 to 70 hours on the project.
It costs just $25.00 per organization—you can register 1 team or 100. The price always stays the same. We keep the price affordable so everyone can participate. Not only that, we limit the budget for materials for the City Model and City Presentation to $100 and encourage teams to use recycled materials. You don’t need expensive equipment to excel. Creativity, hard work, and dedication are all you need to succeed.
Various prizes from a trip to Space Camp to cash.
One per team per year.