- (615) 727 1524
In this activity, students will use their surroundings and resources to solve a problem or process by creating or redesigning an object. This activity breaks down manufacturing to its fundamentals and promotes students to experience stages of manufacturing characteristics.
How to Participate:
- Think of a problem you can solve around your home or school by redesigning a product or process. (For more inspiration, ask a friend or family member about a problem or proces that needs solving.)
- Brainstorm on how you can solve the problem.
- Gather materials to aid you in solving the problem or making a difference in a process.
- Create/design your product.
How to Get Points:
- Submit a picture of you and your improved design or product.
- Explain your problem and how you solved it with your new design in the “Tell Us About Your Experience” section on the submission page.
- Answer student submission questions from “Tell Us About Your Experience” section in complete sentences.
- Camera to submit picture
- Materials gathered by student to design or create the product
1-5 days depending on the student
Free, unless student wants to buy materials.
5-12 grade students should work individually.
One per student per month.
Outcome of the Activity:
This individual activity allows students to experience a series of steps needed for stem related careers such as materials science exploration, problem solving, and design.