- (615) 727 1524
To earn points for this activity, upload a photo of you at the activity, a copy of a certificate earned, or other documentation to show that you participated.
Watch the attached video and answer the following reflection questions. You can choose to answer one or several but the responses should be in complete sentences and in paragraph form.
- What skills do the students use in the design and construction of the off-road vehicle?
- Why are these skills beneficial to a career in advanced manufacturing?
- If you were to participate in the Baja SAE design challenge, what role would you play on your team?
- What skills do you have that would make you successful in that role?
- Why do you think advanced manufacturing employers are looking for a "variety of personal qualities" besides technical skills?
- Which of these qualities do you already possess?
- Which of them would you like to work on?
- How did this video change your perception of careers in advanced manufacturing?
•Computer with internet
1-2 classroom periods, 1-2 days
Individual students can submit for points.
One submission per student per year.
Outcome of the Activity:
Students learn about the role of hands on activities in developing the necessary STEM and soft skills for a career in advanced manufacturing. Additionally, students learn about the high demand for advanced manufacturing jobs and the opportunities available to them when they graduate. Students develop writing skills by reflecting on the video.